Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Blogger 2 (I forgot all about you!)

Unfortunately this poor little blog got dismissed and totally overlooked! I've searched and searched for the page with the website options but couldn't find them...so I will have to resort to my own options. Throughout this course I have found numerous websites that will help tremendously in effective planning. Perpetualpreschool.com is an amazing site that offers lesson plans for younger children (prek and elementary). The lesson plans are all organized by themes of colors, holidays, seasons, etc. There is also a huge discussion board where other teachers reveal their creative ideas in the classroom and successses/failures. Another thing that I love about this site is that it offers such a wide range of options such as: classroom decorations, games, art projects, and center ideas.

This website has taught me that there is alot to lesson planning. Not only do you have to take into account every student and the rate at which they will learn in your classroom but everything has to be eye catching and attention grabbers. Elementary children have the shortest attention span so finding activities that will entertain them but all teach is a major challenge. I've learned that along with lesson plans you have to incorporate the aspects of motor skills, dramatization, concepts, vocabulary, and math/science. Now I know why teaching is so time consuming.

Im loving life at FSU once again and I couldn't be happier to have the opportunity to make this school a major chapter in my life. I am currently going on my third year here and have FINALLY figured out my calling to be a teacher. Technically Im only a semester behind according to my major but that can be fixed with summer school...blah! As of teaching, I am so incredibly ecstatic to get started. I might major in the special needs area because if I could have my dream come true I would want to teach in a third war country like The Dominican Republic and be one of those over achieving individuals that 'made a difference in the world.' That is the picture that I've always made of myself and I know that if I pursue it to the end then it will come true!

No comments: