Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Bloggggg 4

Chapter two introduces the wonderful world of the internet. It explains that the internet is a database that transfers information from one source to another. The way that it works is by using addresses. The book describes the address system as much like the postal system we use in our everyday life. There has to be a destination point. Domain names are also a prime component of the internet system in that it provides a specific number address in text-based format for the computers location. The internet is also known as assistive technology because it is a system that is made up of equipment which provides the opportunity for one to learn, communicate, solve problems, or complete a task at a higher convenience rate through the computer. Search engines are awesome because they are web pages that offer such a broad band of options from a simple request! One of the main purposes of the internet is to learn and search for specific information. Through search engines like google you can look for specific pictures, articles, web pages, etc.

I enjoyed doing the webhunt because I never realized how specific you could search for something and all of the options that it had to offer. There has been many times where I have been searching for a specific photo or needed an article/journal for a paper and spent countless hours wasting when my answers were only a click away. If only I had been a bit more educated. Now I am! The webhunt was such a necessity bc as a teacher I will need various items to intrigue my students and keep their attention. So this assignment will make my job sooo much easier.

As of life...this weekend I am surprising my boyfriend by taking him to a concert for his birthday. I got front row seats at the civic center for Dierks Bentley! Haha I think Im gonna be more excited then he will. My boyfriend is extremely southern so I have no doubt that he'll have a good time but I have no idea how to tell him what we are doing. Should I just tell him? Wait till we get there? I want to come up with a creative way to give him the tickets...any ideas?

No comments: